Staged Diabetes Management
Do you need a systematic approach and practice guidelines to support clinical decision-making for the treatment of diabetes? Our Staged Diabetes Management (SDM) is a comprehensive, scientifically based program for improving diabetes care in primary care settings. SDM promotes screening and early diagnosis; reduces HbA1c; improves complications surveillance and outcomes; increases referrals for education and reduces costs.
Staged Diabetes Management helps you:
- quickly determine the appropriate therapy for each patient using algorithms (DecisionPaths)
- decide when and how to change therapies for the best outcomes
- prevent the development or progression of diabetes complications
- utilize diabetes team members effectively
- increase patient involvement in care
- decrease variation in practice
SDM is currently in use at leading clinics, universities, integrated healthcare systems, and HMOs in the United States.
Our Staged Diabetes Management program internationally is quite varied. Here is a brief summary of diabetes care in these countries and the status of the SDM program in each.